What are my options regarding PC based HMI?

klaufi

Hello everyone,

I want to ask early on, before i make the wrong decisions.

I have a few different projects coming up, that will all be based on either the Idec FC5A-D12 Pentra, or the Idec FT1A Smartaxis line.
So i have the option of using ModbusTCP.

I want to open up the option of a pc based HMI system, where should i start looking?

The D12 has a built in Web server, but it is limited, so a full blown HMI/SCADA would not be possible.

To declare, i do not have any solid ground on what is needed, i just know that i am looking for something that i can keep using in the future for all upcoming projects.

I would like to add that this is a bit out of my comfort zone as is.

Please let me know if i'm leaving out some essential information.

Best regards,

There are dozens, maybe hundreds, of PC-based HMI software vendors.

Which one you choose depends on what features you need, what your budget can afford, and which are best supported by the controllers you are using and by your local sales and support offices.

I wrote up a tongue-in-cheek version of 'The Requirements Lecture' a while ago:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=76914

I'll throw out the option of AdvancedHMI. It has a ModbusTCP driver as part of the base package which is completely free with no limitations. If it doesn't give you what you want, then you are only out of a little bit of time.

The download comes with a quick start document that should only take 5-10 minutes to give you a working HMI.

Hello,

PeakHMI might fit your needs. It has a native IDEC(OpenNet) driver as well as a MODBUS TCP driver (plus many more drivers).

The native driver supports all the register types.

Register Type
Input
Output
Internal relay
Link relay
Line register
Shift register
Timer
Counter
Data register
Calender/clock
High speed counter