FTView Buttons Questions

liberati

Is there a way that you can make visually invisible buttons that can still be pressed?

I was wanting to make an alarm list/banner that when clicked would take the user to a alarm page.

I know that I can make a GoToDisplay button that would do what I am wanting but it would look like a button and not have the alarm information on it.

Also is there a way that tags can get modified depending on which GoToDisplay button has been pressed?

Yes to both questions.

(1st question) Make a GOTO button the same size as your alarm banner. On the GOTO button config screen under general make it transparent and select NONE for border. This will make your GOTO button invisiable, then but the alarm banner on top of it.

(2nd question) There is something called a Parameter File. That replaces tag names with Numbers. What ever display you want to go to will have a different Parameter File. These are used alot When displaying GFX that are the same but each GFX is another machine. ex.. If you had 4 Air Compressors and were monitoring them with 4 different GFX you could just replace the First part of the tag. Here is a copy of one of my Parameter file.

!============ Parameter File Created 2013/09/03 ============
! Parameter files are used with graphic displays to specify the tags a display
! uses at run time. You assign parameter files in certain application components
! and object properties dialog boxes. Please see the Help for details.
! Syntax:
! #replacement=tagname
! Example:
! #23=A_COLOR
! #23 in any expression in a graphic would be replaced by the tag A_COLOR.
!================================================
#3=Air_Compressor_6
#4=Air_Compressor_6