How to Update slave device(E3Plus) firmware in RsNetWorx

minaykha

Hi Everybody,

I am working on a project which is using 1769-SDN scanner( Master ) and E3Plus overload relays( Slaves )communication under RsNetworx.

Recently, one of the E3Plus unit is faulty and i have to replace with new unit.

Then, i got a problem is that the new unit revision is 3.006 and the faulty unit and the rest of the slaves unit got revision 5.004.

I think , it should be uniform revision for all slaves device.

Can anyone advice me how can i update the revision of E3Plus from 3.006 to 5.004 ?

Thank You.

As far as I know, you cannot update the firmware of an E3/E3+ overload device.

You do not necessarily need the same firmware for all devices. You can alter the Electronic Keying so that the firmware Major Revision is not checked by the scanner.

I recommend taking the configuration parameters from the offline RSNetworx file and entering them into the new E3 overload.

The main problem I can think of is that the v5 overloads may have some features that the v3 overloads do not, and those features might be used by the application.

Dear Ken,

Thank a lot.

I see what i should try now.

Some of the features and parameters might be disabled under Ver3.

I will check and compare with other devices whether i need those disables parameters are used in the application.

Thank.