2711 message

gstotts

I have an old AB 2711-KC1 panel view that is displaying "PLC currently contols screen change". Does anyone know how to correct this?

If you have Panelbuilder and a copy of the program look for the window shown under 'Application Settings' - 'Control Tags'

If you no longer want the PLC program to control screen changing then clear any tag in 'Screen Number Tag' and redownload the project. But that's probably not what you want.

If you do want the PLC to be able to control the screen but just want to clear this up then you will need to go into the PLC program and determine why the listed tag location is being kept at a value other than zero. It must be zero to allow operator buttons to change to another screen.

Screen Change.jpg

This was the old RIO style unit, right ?

The Screen Control word is going to be one of the discrete words in the I/O table, or a word in the Block Transfer Write data table that's being sent to the PanelView.

Check for a nonzero value somewhere in those locations. If you're lucky, it will be labeled in the PLC program. If not, maybe you'll have a chance to compare the current PLC program to one saved from before this occurred.

With a system this old, it's likely that it was intended to have PLC controlled screen changes, and the program has gotten to an unintended state. I'd be very surprised if the PLC controlled state has remained at zero just be coincidence for a long time.