Connect PLC Modicon Momentum by ModBus TCP

AlexPLC

Hey, gentlemens!

I have PLC Modicon Momentum 171-CCC-96030 and ModBus registers list.
3570250.jpg

I need connect to this PLC by ModBus TCP and reading registers in real time.
Anybody know how get it ?

Plz Guys! Winter will comming soon and our HVAC system doesn`t work yet (
I feel that bears will on the way.. :confused:

And what is the question? You have to connect Modicon with equipment through Modbus (MODicon BUS), and you don't know how or there is some problem? What is on other side? I presume that this PLC slave? What is programming platform? What are the IP addresses? ....
You have to give litle bit more data...

Best regards,
Vuckovic Goran.

I need connect PLC to PC by Ethernet.
And I wanna know what need use program for only read registers from this PLC ??
I have not programming platform, programming source PLC and other.
I have only address registers list and IP address PLC.

Beers closer.... :confused:

So you need on your PC some SCADA or some HMI, or you can do little programming (java, C#). Also you need PLC station number, and IP adress, and PLC has to be programmed to be a Modbus slave. So if it is not programmed, then you need PLC programming platform (Unity Pro for example), together with source code.
There are free programs on net for reading modbus, but if PLC is not programmed you can not do anything...

Best regards,
Vuckovic Goran.

Free software to scan modbustcp does not work because the plc modicom register addresses differ from the standard.

Standart adress
1...10000 Coils (outputs)
10001...20000 Discrete Inputs
30001...40000 Input Registers
40001...50000 Holding Registers

IN table Modicom adress

000001 to 065536 Coils
100001 to 165536 Discrete Inputs
300001 to 365536 Input Registers
400001 to 465536 Holding Registers

What program can be read?

Yes, you can read with standard Modbus commands both 5 or 6 digit addresses. Take example read multiple holding registers command... When you specify address it is offset + address (maximally 0xFFFF) . With 5-digit processors offset is 40001, and with 6-digit processors offset is 400001. So with extended addressing it will be 400001 + 65535, and that is 465536.

Best regards,
Vuckovic Goran.

Thank you very much.
We were able to read the state of the registers using software - Modbus Constructor .