Namur sense

dandrade

What would it? A connection kind news beyond PNP-NPN or name brand? Google did not I find information clears.
Trank, adds information.

when you google for "namur sensor", first hit is
here.

What is a NAMUR sensor?
A NAMUR sensor is an electronic switch activated by a piece of metal moved close to the activation point. The sensor is a 2-wire proximity switch between two currents of <1,2 mA and > 2,1 mA. The demands made on a NAMUR sensor are described in the standard IEC 60947-5-6.

A Namur sensor is a low output current flow ( and low input power)sensor generally used in various hazardous location, a matching Namur safety amplifier is placed outside the hazardous area, and gives you standard PNP or NPN or relay outputs.

Most Prox sensor companies make a range of Namur sensors.

The sensor on its own is not generally used.