Wonderware historical trend help

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello folks,

Under our current bleach plant wonderware HMI program there's a bunch of historical trends as well as real time trends. What I need to do is change a bunch of the tagnames within a historical trend. The trend was for a stock pump (SP-1.5) which no longer exists. There is a new stock pump (SP-1) that's in its place with all new instrumentation on it. The tagnames for the new instruments have been added to W.W. I want to use the old "trend19" page, but change the old tagnames over to the new instrument's tagnames. When i'm in window maker under the "trend19" page, I double click the trend which shows the setup for it. I can change some values and colours in the trend but I cannot change the tag names within the trend it self. The area's where the tagnames are in cant be accessed. I attached a file with the TREND19 page from WW. you wll have to unzip it and open with Paint. Any pointers on how to do this would be appreciated!!

thanks, tex!!!

The pen assignments may be grayed out because...you cannot make some changes to the trend configuration if WindowViewer is running while you are in WindowMaker.

If you double click inside trend you can turn on "Allow Runtime Changes" to change pens at any time. You just click on the chart while WindowViewer is running and you can select what tags are assigned to what pens..

You can assign pens to tags also:
HTSetPenName( Hist_Tag, PenNum, Tagname );

Example:
HTSetPenName("HistTrend",1,ActiveFceNumber +"-Setpoint");
HistTrend is name of trend
1 is pen number
(ActiveFceNumber +"-Setpoint") is tag

I usually set up as "Default" button that assigns all the necessary tags to the required pens. This way if someone screws up the pens and tags, they can just hit the "Default" button.

I also have a way to save charts (trends) for comparison:

"Save Chart 1" button script:
AutoUpdate = 0;
HTChartStart1 = HistTrend.ChartStart;
HTChartLength1 = HistTrend.ChartLength;
HTMaxRange1 = HistTrend.MaxRange;
HTMinRange1 = HistTrend.MinRange;
HTPen1-1 = HTGetPenName( "HistTrend", HistTrend.UpdateCount, 1);
HTPen2-1 = HTGetPenName( "HistTrend", HistTrend.UpdateCount, 2);
HTPen3-1 = HTGetPenName( "HistTrend", HistTrend.UpdateCount, 3);
HTPen4-1 = HTGetPenName( "HistTrend", HistTrend.UpdateCount, 4);
HTPen5-1 = HTGetPenName( "HistTrend", HistTrend.UpdateCount, 5);
HTPen6-1 = HTGetPenName( "HistTrend", HistTrend.UpdateCount, 6);
HTPen7-1 = HTGetPenName( "HistTrend", HistTrend.UpdateCount, 7);
HTPen8-1 = HTGetPenName( "HistTrend", HistTrend.UpdateCount, 8);

"Recall Saved Chart 1" button script:
AutoUpdate = 0;
HistTrend.ChartStart = HTChartStart1;
HistTrend.ChartLength = HTChartLength1;
HistTrend.MaxRange = HTMaxRange1;
HistTrend.MinRange = HTMinRange1;
IF HTPen1-1 == "" THEN
HistTrend.Pen1 = None;
ENDIF;
IF HTPen1-1 <> "" THEN
HTSetPenName("HistTrend",1,HTPen1-1);
ENDIF;
IF HTPen2-1 == "" THEN
HistTrend.Pen2 = None;
ENDIF;
IF HTPen2-1 <> "" THEN
HTSetPenName("HistTrend",2,HTPen2-1);
ENDIF;
IF HTPen3-1 == "" THEN
HistTrend.Pen3 = None;
ENDIF;
IF HTPen3-1 <> "" THEN
HTSetPenName("HistTrend",3,HTPen3-1);
ENDIF;
IF HTPen4-1 == "" THEN
HistTrend.Pen4 = None;
ENDIF;
IF HTPen4-1 <> "" THEN
HTSetPenName("HistTrend",4,HTPen4-1);
ENDIF;
IF HTPen5-1 == "" THEN
HistTrend.Pen5 = None;
ENDIF;
IF HTPen5-1 <> "" THEN
HTSetPenName("HistTrend",5,HTPen5-1);
ENDIF;
IF HTPen6-1 == "" THEN
HistTrend.Pen6 = None;
ENDIF;
IF HTPen6-1 <> "" THEN
HTSetPenName("HistTrend",6,HTPen6-1);
ENDIF;
IF HTPen7-1 == "" THEN
HistTrend.Pen7 = None;
ENDIF;
IF HTPen7-1 <> "" THEN
HTSetPenName("HistTrend",7,HTPen7-1);
ENDIF;
IF HTPen8-1 == "" THEN
HistTrend.Pen8 = None;
ENDIF;
IF HTPen8-1 <> "" THEN
HTSetPenName("HistTrend",8,HTPen8-1);
ENDIF;

Last edited:
ok, I closed window viewer and made the necessary changes on maker. But the trend isn't working on window viewer. On the lower half of the page it just show unavailable under the read outs. when I go to window maker and look under the visibility script for "unavailable" it says

HTGetPenName( HistTrend19.Name, HistTrend19.updateCount,1 )<> "" ANDHTGetValueAtScooter( HistTrend19.Name,

I have no clue what scipts are in WW, frankly they confuse the hell out of me!!

edit** i know these tagnames work because they are else where in the program working just fine

Last edited:
Are you sure the trend window is set for the correct time and the tag was active at that time? You haven't changed any tagnames have you?
If tag is not in historical log file for that point in time, it will show up as "unavailable".

WW scripts are some of the easiest...I suggest getting a set of WW manuals, and doing some reading.

Yes, some reading is a must of WW scripts! all I did was replace the Tagnames in the Trend with the new tagnames I wanted in there. The one Tagname I did change because it was an incorrect tagname matchup in the PLC. but I saved the tagname. as far as the trend time with the tage, im not to sure on what you mean

Are other tags showing up in the trend? Is the "unavailable" tag a new tag?
If you renamed it today....it will not show up in yesterday's trend because it did not exist to be logged to history.

it wouldn't let me add the Tagnames in the trend if the log data wasn't checked off in the tagname details. I went online today and all the tagnames still just say unavailable. Which I don't understand because I know the tags work because they are working else where in the program, but for some reason they are locked out from the trend page. This program is a copy of a program, i'm logged onto the computer in which I make the changes to wonderware then make a copy of the program and then bring it upstairs to load onto the actual HMI computers. I noticed that none of the trends are working on the other pages either, which leads me to believe that something isn't allowing all of these trends to work. The trends are working fine on the actual HMI computer, just not mine. I'm going to put in the wonderware disk and check and see if the 16 pentrend is downloaded.

edit** 16 pen trend is downloaded, is there another disk that might need to be installed like the industrialSQL server 9.0 real-time plant data historian, I just have a feeling something is missing on this computer.

Last edited:
1 more thing you could check.

in intouch you configure a logging directory where it saves the .lgh files off the top of my head i think its under special/configure/historical logging. you need to manually create that folder on the local machine intouch wont create it automatically.

Last edited:
The trend window you attached does not show the 16 pen trend window.
That is configured totally different.

Are you using the 16 pen window on other windows?

I guess you have already solved this but in case it helps, I had a similar issue.
WW support in my country is not very efficient so I didn't even bother to call them.
What I did was look the cross reference and realized that someway I was script writing two different tags to same trend.
So what I did was to rename the trend and change the scripts.
Problem solved.

Hi
I am currently setting up a Endress + Hauser Proline Prowirl R200 steam meter which gives the total mass flow in kgs.

The number I am reading in is continuously been updated and is the total amount of mass flow that has passed through the meter since it was installed.

I have the values displaying in wonderware intouch 10.1 and need to view these historically via a Trend. What scaling should I use on the tag.

Kind Regards