RS-485 Conversion

PortmanBlue

Hi, I have an application which requires three sets of RS-485 signals to be converted to discrete outputs. I was hoping to use a gateway-like device to accomplish this but so far have not been able to find a suitable device. Is anyone able to suggest a method of converting RS-485 to discrete ouputs?

what protocol are you going to use on the rs485?

what is it connected to ? a PC? a PLC ? which brand of PLC?

Last edited:
Apologies for the lack of information. It is RS-485 Modbus RTU which is output from a Deep Sea Electronics PLC, the product number is DSE8610. The DSE8610 operates as a modbus RTU slave device.

Apologies for the lack of information. It is RS-485 Modbus RTU which is output from a Deep Sea Electronics PLC, the product number is DSE8610. The DSE8610 operates as a modbus RTU slave device.
ouch - the DSE8610 acts as a slave?? - can it be configured as a master
(I do not know the product)

Here is a Modbus RTU slave relay board - google search

http://oceancontrols.com.au/ADA-4068.html

Unfortunately the DSE8610 cannot be configured as a master. I will look into the ADAM-4068 module you recommended, thank you for your help. I'd be keen to know if there are any other options others know of or have had experience with.

A RS-485 cable has already been run so at the moment I've only been looking for RS-485 solutions. If a suitable RS-485 solution isn't found replacing the RS-485 cable with a multi-core cable to carry the individual signals from a module such as you suggested is the alternative.