PanelView 1000 +, What File Runs?

alebdun2000

Hi everyone, simple question that I can't find answer : When uploading file from Panel 1000 + it gives me list of files stored inside panel ( so I can choose anyone of them to upload) but which one is actually RUNNING, all of them just sitting there and one only runs ???? I need to to know this for sure I am going to edit program and don't know which one is in production . And how to delete unused from panel ?

Hopefully someone programmed a shutdown button somewhere. Find this and "enter" the config for the panel. The main screen will have buttons to load/run application, terminal/application settings, etc. At the top it should tell you which program is currently running. Take note. Then you can go into terminal settings, file management, and delete the other applications. I would first upload all files before deleting, just in case.

James

If there is no shutdown button then you will have to guess. You can enter config on boot, however, when you do this no application is loaded so it will be of no help. The only way I know is to enter config while it is running, which to do this requires a button. Depending on who programmed this HMI, will greatly depend on if, or where this button is located. Some people make these buttons visible only after login, some are on screens that are only accessible to certain users, etc. If you know who did the application, perhaps contact them and ask where this button is.

As a general rule, I only have one program loaded... just for the reason that you are experiencing.

James

This is actually really tricky !

If you had a "Go To Configuration Mode" button in the application, you could just go to the main configuration menu screen and the currently loaded application *.MER file name would be displayed.

But you only have access to the Transfer Utility. The Transfer Utility doesn't show you the current application name. Project startup doesn't show you the current application name. The Transfer Utility doesn't give you the ability to delete applications one at a time.

When you reboot the panel, does a white square show up in the lower left corner ? This is a hidden feature that lets you go to Configuration Mode on boot when you press that white square. Once you're in Configuration Mode, you will see the current application name listed.

I can think of another tricky method involving USB drives and batch files (to delete all the Runtime files in internal storage) but let's see if the standard go-to-configuration method works first.

When you reboot the panel, does a white square show up in the lower left corner ? This is a hidden feature that lets you go to Configuration Mode on boot when you press that white square. Once you're in Configuration Mode, you will see the current application name listed.

Not correct, for one this is assuming he has a pre-v6 panel. A v6 panel doesn't have this feature, you have to plug in a keyboard. If it is a pre-v6 panel, if you depress the white box during boot it will enter config, but since you interrupted the startup, no application was loaded, therefore, nothing will show up... it will be blank. The only option is enter config during runtime.

James

Thanks for the correction; I haven't had to do this in a long time.

Do you think that the only solution, then, is to copy all the Runtime files off the terminal then delete them from the on-terminal storage ?

That will cause the terminal to reboot and fail to find the application, and the name of the application should be part of that error message.

Do you think that the only solution, then, is to copy all the Runtime files off the terminal then delete them from the on-terminal storage ?

That will cause the terminal to reboot and fail to find the application, and the name of the application should be part of that error message.

That's a darn good idea... something I had never considered. I think it does display the application name in the error.

James

Deleting Run time files from terminal I can't find this option in application manager or Transfer Utility, what we use?? , when we will shut down line I will try........

Last edited:
Yes, Ken mentioned this earlier to you. You have to do this from the panel. Also,

Ken did say you could create a batch to do this, run from an USB drive. I have created a batch file for screen savers, but not for deleting files. Ken might be able to shed some light on this.

James