Control panel building stands

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I am building more and more panels. I have seen a few panels stands that allow you swivel the back panel. Does anyone know who makes these stands or have any designs ideas?

I've used the Hoffman Concept series for suspended operator enclosures that tilt and swivel. They are well built and easy to work with. They aren't cheap though.

Sorry guys I am talking about the panels stand that you use when you build control panels. I am talking abiut the mounting a back panel on it while actually wiring the back panel.

The large integrator that I worked for in the Detroit area a number of years ago built their own. Relatively simple, some steel framing angle welded together into a framework that supported the rather large backpanels that we built, pivoted on a center rod that allowed it to lay flat (good for drilling) or stand close to vertical for wiring. The whole thing was mounted on casters so that it could be rolled about to the different stations.

A lot would depend on what your typical panel size was, etc.

+1 on the drafting table; I used one of these when I was an independent to work on my own production; I inherited it from my father, and retired it to panel production when I discovered the joys of AutoCAD!🍻

BTW Jeff; where in Indiana are you located? I may be retiring to that area, and always look to keep sharp in the field!

Last edited:
I also have one that we made from an old Fanuc robot and made a few minor changes to the EOA tooling.

It can 360 swivel and you can put it in most any position.

Mark I am just west of Louisville Ky.

Kid a $75K robot might be out of my price range for now. Just getting the shop a little better equipped.