Connect CPU314 IFM to IM151-1

Peter DN

hi everyone,

I'm wondering if there is a way to connect a CPU314 IFM with only a MPI connection to a ET200S IM151?

I'm used to do it with profibus DP communiction, but this cpu has only a MPI connection (X1 port) and no profibus port.

Is there a way to do this?

thanks for your replies.

It is possible. You have to add a CP342-5 if there is a free slot. If not all 8 slots are used, then it is possible. You then connect the IM151-1 via the CP342-5s profibus port.

But I dont like that the result will be based on a lame and obsolete CPU, the 314IFM.

How many I/O are use in the existing setup ?
I am thinking that a better solution is to switch the CPU to one with at least a DP port, or to go to ET200S with an IM151-8 CPU and Profinet instead of Profibus.

thx Jesper for your reply.
Regarding the very small amount of IO's, it's indeed probably the best solution to switch to another cpu.

this thread may be closed.