Click Plc Programing

Johnny438

Hello all I am new to the forum. I have been around PLC's for years and been in industrial maintenance for 20 years. I recently bought a Click plc and downloaded to program and have been playing around with it. The reason I got it is to control a Traffic Light that I recently bought to put in my man cave :) It is a full size right light. I am wanting to turn one light on at a time for x amount of sec's and then go to the next light. Right now it is hooked up with all lights burning and I have a motion sensor where it comes on when entering the room and them times out till it sees movement. Any help to start would be great. Thanks !!
John

Ahh the classic traffic light problem, programming a traffic light is often used as a simple test part way through a PLC training course. I'm not familiar with Click PLC's but I expect you will get lots of help and suggestions from others but before you start it may be worth checking if the PLC will drive the traffic light directly.

Check the spec of the PLC outputs, they may be volt free contacts and compare to the rating of the lamps in your traffic light. You may need to get some interposing relays or contactors so that the PLC switches the low power relay and the relay contacts put the power onto your lamps.

Hi thanks for the response. Yes I have checked and it will in fact drive the light directly. The three lights as it is now burning all at once is only around 1/2 of an amp. The plc outputs are rated for at least 1 amp. So shouldn't have any issues there. I am just needing to say turn red light on for 10 sec. then drop it out turn yellow light on for same drop it and then green and then want the sequence to start over..