Needing help with factorytalk view me

Shiro485

Hello,
I am upgrading an old pv application to ftview.
The customer would like to keep an option from the old program where in a display selection list when you select an operation display, a password entry box would pop and you can put in one of two numeric passwords, depending on which password you entered you would get one of two of essentially the same screens.

Instead of just making a universal login and hiding the extra options with visibility the customer is intent on having this display like that.

Select the display, a box pops up to enter a 3-4 digit numerical password and depending on which password you enter is what screen you get taken too.

Can anyone help me with how to do this?

Thanks

Hi

Why not write to a tag in the plc and use the plc to change the screen for you
This would do exactly what you want to do.

As the joke goes in Ireland

Costumers , who needs them they are more trouble than they are worth,

Donnchadh

That's almost certainly how it worked in the original PanelBuilder32; the "password entry" display was really a PLC numeric entry display, and the actual display number that appeared was controlled by the PLC.

I was a pretty adept PanelBuilder32 programmer, but I don't remember a screen selection object that would actually redirect based on credentials. I'm certainly ready to be wrong.

FactoryTalk View user login always require five keyboard/screen operations: F1 to select user, enter user, F2 to select password, enter password, press Enter to log in.

There might be some clever way to connect the screen change to an internal HMI tag, but it won't be as easy as just using PLC-controlled display navigation.