Global data - is it bits or bytes

Wilso

>MB1150:20 (on PLC0)
to
MB1150:20 (on PLCA)

I know that it starts at address M1150.0.

Is that the next 20 bits, or the next 20 bytes?

Cheers

If it is bytes, then the programmer has reserved bits from M1150.0 to M1169.7 for global data tranfer.

If it's bits, then the programmer has reserved bits from M1150.0 to M1152.3 for global data transfer.

In the latter case, why would anyone do it that way? Cutting off the reservation half way through a byte?

PS. Electrician - not an engineer or programmer.

Similar Topics

Hi, I was trying to restore a .cab file and it was stuck at 70% - restore global data for nearly 2 hours. What should I do from here? I just...
Replies
Views
Hi I am passing data between 2 x 90-30 PLCs over ethernet using Global Data. This works well using Produced and Consumed data. Is there a way to...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I"m at the point in my project with RX3i controllers that I need to get comms working between two PLCs via EGD, and it's been an...
Replies
Views
Just a quick question I can't find an answer on yet. I have created my own recipe structure using a Global DB and when I came in this morning...
Replies
Views
Good day all! I am to communicate two S7 300 CPUs via MPI and I wish to accomplish this using MPI global data. So what I did was setup the GD...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom