Omron HMI NS8 not proceeding beyond "Connecting..."

strikom

Greetings all!
I am relatively new to the world of OMRON HMI. I was using the NS8 a while back and accidentally I transferred a program to the HMI that was actually meant for the NS5 model. Now when I start the HMI (connected to the computer) it does not move beyond the black screen with "Connecting..." on it.
Is there any way to correct this so that when i start the HMI i can access the HMI settings etc.
Please, the need is urgent.

Kind regards

Welcome to the forum.

The "Connecting" message is indicating the NS is trying to connect to a PLC.

You should be able to download the correct program using CX-Designer.

You can also access the HMI menu by touching two opposite corners of the screen. Example upper left and lower right corners.

Hope this will help.