Siemens CP340

RdW

All,

one of our industrial printers we do represent is communicating with a Siemens CP340 RS232c PLC through a comms cable which is only using pin 2,3 and 5.

Due to other needed functionality in our printer I have to load other firmware into it ; after this the red LED on the Siemens in on and no communcation is possible anymore. When going back to the original firmware everything is back working again.I tried this on several production lines with on every line the same negative result.

The only settings I can do on my printer are baudrate and node number (1) but I can't think of any reason why the firmware only would spoil the RS232 connection.

Next to this I am trying to understand HOW the Siemens is checking the RS232 connection to get an idea what could be wrong on our side.

I am absolutely not a PLC expert but am open for any helpful suggestion what to check , ideas etc.

Thanks,

Ruud