Logix5000 - Windows 64Bit Intel Core i3 Compatibility

whussain6

Hi

Just a quick question friends, Does anybody know if Windows 8 is compatible with RSlogix 5000 and FactoryTalkView Machine editiion 6.00??

I have been trying to use it with Windows 8. I have it set up running in compatibilty mode for XP SP3. It will run good for a few minutes, but within 5 minutes it will start bogging down real bad. Looking at my processor status, it shows one processor at 100% and the rest at 0. When i first load, it seems to share the processors evenly. I was trying this on my main desktop. I gave up and went back to my laptop.

Technically it is not "compatible" at this time with windows 8.

I have ran RSLogix5000 in a Windows 8 virtual machine without much problems, however not for an extended period of time.