FBD to Ladder for RSLogix5000

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. I would like to know if it is possible to change programming languages in RSLogix5000? For example, if a program is written using Function Block, am I able to convert that to ladder logic? Thank you

Hi

Ab is not like Siemens and you can not do this. Once the file type is selected you can not change it even it it will convert from fb to ladder or what ever

It is a nice feature in the s7 and it has help me to learn some of the Siemens plc languages as I am mainly a ladde type progammer

Donnchadh

You could do it, but you will have to manually rewrite the code in ladder logic,
be aware that some of the Function blocks do not have equivalent's in ladder logic, for example the PIDE is superior to the PID (the PID doe not have all the features of the PIDE) and there will be many others that do not translate to ladder at all.

Alan

Hi

Ab is not like Siemens and you can not do this. Once the file type is selected you can not change it even it it will convert from fb to ladder or what ever

It is a nice feature in the s7 and it has help me to learn some of the Siemens plc languages as I am mainly a ladde type progammer

Donnchadh

Yes sir, that is one of the BIG advantages of S7. Portal will also do it. I was hoping AB would but...........

You could do it, but you will have to manually rewrite the code in ladder logic,
be aware that some of the Function blocks do not have equivalent's in ladder logic, for example the PIDE is superior to the PID (the PID doe not have all the features of the PIDE) and there will be many others that do not translate to ladder at all.

Alan

Ok, thank you for the explanation Alan.