Eberle PLC / Battery changing needed?

moeoerli

Hi all

I'm checking out some older packaging machines for service. We have three different Eberle PLC's 511, 512 and 514. Does anyone have some expirience with this PLC's? It seems that noone has documentations (except systec in U.K.) so I'm asking here: Is the program stored ond an eeprom that holds the program without a battery, or do I need tho change some? And if so, where are the batterys located and how do I have to change them?

thanks for answers

Oliver

It's been a while....but the Eberle's I have dealt with in the past had a separate module that held the program prom. In one case a vendor would have program changes sent from Germany- we would simply plug it in. So the program should not be volatile, as that was a slow boat ride!
I do remember a battery option on the CPU. Some had them, some didn't where I worked. So........???? Can't say for sure about that.

mike