Sdi

Charbel

Dear,

I need to connect multiparameter sensor with SDI to a PLC using RS232.

the multisensor datasheet is attached, they use SA100 to convert from SDI output to RS232... however, what i was thinking about, if i find a PLC with a RS232 port, does it need to be working on a certain protocol for doing the polling? or no need?

thanks for your advices.

charbel

SDI to communicate with PLC

Dear,

it turns that the SDI sensor uses SDI protocol so i was looking on the net to be able to find a gateway that converts from SDI protocol to industrial standard (like profibus, modbus, etc...) to be able to communiate with a PLC or remote I/O.
however, i was not able to find such gateway, am i following the proper path? any advice?

thanks!

charbel

dear,

thanks, no problem, but i need to make sure that the PLC can poll the required sensor data through RS232. Does it need any special protocol? or programming?

thanks!

charbel

dear liberateme,

thanks!, i will be using siemens or allen Bradley PLC and both of them will be having modbus RTU protocol