TIA V12 WinCC Adv. Comfort panel Faceplate text

TurpoUrpo

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

Does anyone know of a method to make text in faceplate configurable in interface of faceplate? I tried to use wstring tag and that tag in text field, but it wont let me use constant in interface for it.

What I want is to display Tag of item (eg. F0001-XXZZZP1) in a faceplate, I would want to configure said tag in interface of that faceplate.

I'd like to do exactly the same thing. I have a instance DB that i have added a String Data Type on my plan was to call an FB with the instance DB and enter the name in the PLC. Then in WinCC, tag it to a text value in the face plate. The problem with this idea is i don't know how to enter the value at the actual input of the block. I've tried 'Motor Name', "Motor Name", STRING#'MotorName" but it all comes back illegal parameter. Can anyone help?

Regards
Shamus

I got this sorted by doing the following: -

In TIA in the Instance DB for my standard motor block (or any DB will do) I added an input declaration called {TagName} with a Data Type {String[n]} (n = number of characters you want in your string)

On my faceplate in WinCC V12 I added a Property under the Status section and called it {TagName} and data type {WString}. I then added an I/O field to my faceplate. Under "General" I set it up the field as a string of the length {n}, input/output and linked it to my status tag.

Once you are out of the Edit Faceplate section i added the Data Block tag to the interface list for the relevant face plate.

Now when my face plate pops up i just press on the string position and fill it in with the name of the item.

Ignore the {}

Hope this helps

Shamus