Random False E/stops from AB safety module 1734-IB8S

I'm using a remote safety I/0's on a machine.
I works well 99% of t he time but it is plagued with random false e/stops, guards opening, etc etc. the operator resets and the machine.

Thinking it was noise from the AC drive I've separated the Ethernet comms cable from the motor cable, but still get problems.

Is there anyway I can put a delay on the reaction of the block to stop this?

Would changing the block RPI help?

any suggestions?

SafetyPLC.jpg

I would not put any delays on any Emergency stop circuit.
Have you got dedicated managed switches?
Check all wiring circuits and switches.
Horrid problem might have to diagnose each circuit - trace spikes oscilloscope data logging.
Is there vibration on the machine?

Might even be a jittery contact in an Emergency Stop. I would replace that first - quick and cheap. May not solve the problem but the easiest thing to try first rather than have to check a lot of other stuff.

Struggling_forward,

you cannot program a delay into an e-stop circuit.

if you have false e-stops, look at all eire connections and tighten them, eliminate the false guards opening.

you have to do this first.

james