Blast from the Past. SLC-500

bobwithdana

I need to connect to a 1747-L40A SLC 500. I need Serial to DH485. Is there a cable I can use other than a PIC and If I do Need the PIC will I be able to use it with my Windows 7 64Bit Laptop

Thanks in Advance

DMargineau's link is to the Installation Instructions for the 1747-UIC, which is a modern USB replacement for the venerable 1747-PIC.

You remember that the PIC driver was very difficult to make run with a fancy new operating system called Windows in the late 1980s. It became progressively harder to get underneath the Windows COM ports in Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, and XP, and finally impossible in Windows 7 and 8.

Similar Topics

Hi, I have an old SLC 150 processor that is throwing up a CPU Fault light. I have an EEprom program chip for it, but I can't get it to load up...
Replies
Views
Okay, I'm new on the job, been there a whole week, and I get my first upgrade project. This is basically why I am there. I am an "expert" and they...
Replies
Views
I think it plays Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...:lolis: Drum by njdrocket, on Flickr
Replies
Views
Anyone know where I can find a Class1 Div2 explosion or blast detecter? I've been looking but am hoping someone has them in service and can lead...
Replies
Views
Hello: This started as a private message with Eric Nelson but I figured more people might be interested in the topic. Recently, Eric had...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom