Automation Direct DL06 Program help

ham5

I've been out of programming PLC's for a 5 years, only some minor programming experience with some AB's and I've got myself into a small project using an AD DL06. I had made an assumption that it wouldn't be too big a jump to program one of these for something relatively simple but I may have been incorrect in this assumption because I'm a little confused by their programming structure.

I'm trying to use a F0-04THM T/C module to measure some type K T/C's and control some proportional air valves to control temperature in an enclosed system. As well I need the PLC to act as a modbus slave and take a command from a master to trigger an output relay on a timer.

Seemed relatively simple in concept but the V-memory structure and calling things from this are confusing me as well as using this for PID control and I haven't even got to figuring out the modbus stuff yet.

I used a chunk of code from the options manual to configure the thermocouple module (I think correctly) from this it looks like the four input channels should be saving the CH1 to V2000/V2001, CH2 to V2002/2003 etc...I need to grab a T/C to verify this is actually working though.

So with this said now I should be able to set up a PID loop using each of this CH's as a PV with the auto/transfer from V2000,2002,2004,2006 right?

I need to set the output in the PID instruction to use a V-memory location which I need to be my first analog output channel on the plc (I'm guessing this is Y0 from the front of the unit) How do I set Y0 to a V-memory location, do I need to use the LDD instruction and set it to a certain location say V1500?

How do I give the setpoint value that will be needed to be used for the PID instruction a V-memory location as well?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Don't know if you ever got your questions answered, but the FO-04THM module is pretty easy to use. If you look in the reference manual there is sample logic already written for you. The memory locations are dedicated, using V700-V707 if the card is in slot 1, V710-V717 if the card is in the second slot, etc. Most of your V's below V2000 are already dedicated to some type of hardware or logic, so anything you want to use above that is fine, but it's really not recommended to use say, V700 for any variables in your programming since the PLC is looking for the input from a card at that location.

The modbus setup is fairly simple. Again, there are detailed instructions in the DL-06 manual. Here is a link to access and download it: http://www.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/d006userm/d006userm.html