Pulse input from flow meter

JIBIN

I have a rotary flow meter,which will give 5000 pulse/second.I just want to calculate the cumulative flow,,per day flow,flow per hour etc,of three chemicals through the flow meter in litre , Using real time clock in the PLC ,and display them in a HMI. How can it is possible........?

Last edited:
Hi Andypot,
I am using a fuji plc, it is having a high speed counter and i am using it, i just want to calculate the flow at different time and store it for future reference.

You have to know the K-factor of the meter. Raw pulses are useless without a reference point. Usually they are in "so many pulses per gallon, BBL, etc".

The K-factor is usually on the meter, or you may have to contact the factory for a default value.

Its a TCS 700-20 rotary flow meter which will give 100 pulses per rotation and i am using a motor with 3000 rpm,so totally 5000 pulse/second.Per rotation 3.8 litre flows.I just want to know how to calculate flow in litre for a certain amount of pulses.