virtual encoder AB micrologix 1200

rene_m

Hi, I'm amataur, have done some things in the past, I will rebuilt a packer vertical for granular salt, I need to make a virtual encoder and I will use an AB micrologix 1200 with digital outputs, the machine has 35 cycles per minute, could use a timer and take the time windows for each output with limits (such as camshaft), but time is wasted reading and memory scan, and cycles per minute may vary. I have read files on STI routines, pulse output wire to fast counting inputs, limit cam switches, which works better?

Hi

Sti is the way to go i think as timers will not work as you have said.
I have used Sti in the past to create encoder like pluses and it worked very well

Donnchadh

Similar Topics

Hi, I have a motion control issue that I been trying to solve. Firstly the machine master axis run by a 3-phase motor via inverter and attached...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am new to motion applications and am seeking some info on setting up an electronic gearing project. I am using an allen bradley...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have currently been programming Omron and some AB plc's for about 15 years but I am faced with a completely new task that scrambles my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would like to replicate my PC onto a virtual machine so I could use it on a different laptop when I'm on site. I have never created a...
Replies
Views
...and I agree. Context: TIA Portal/HMI = KTP1200 (12" screen) In the attached redacted image, the values in the white boxes are entered by the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom