Slow communication - Siemens CP343 Lean

supporter

Hi,

Is the CP343 Lean module's performance affected by the PLCs scan time?

The HMI uses ISO over TCP protocol but when there is a long scan time (about 200 ms) we can see with Wireshark that there is a 600 ms delay between the request being sent from the HMI until the CP343 Lean module replies.
If the PLC is in STOP mode then the module replies more or less instantly.

Are there any settings/tricks that you can suggest in order to improve the performance?

Thanks in advance!

1. 200 ms scan cycle is extreme. You should to identify what causes this and try to reduce the extreme scan times.

Of that is not enough then

2. Increase the value of the CPU property "Scan cycle load from communication" from 20% to 30% or 40%. (but beware that it will increase the overall scan time !)

if that is not enough then

3. change to a more powerful CPU with an integrated PN port.