Failure connecting CX-Programmer 9.0 with CJ2M CPU-33

strikom

Dear all,
I have been trying to connect an OMRON CJ2M CPU33 with the CX-Programmer 9.0. Every time I try, it fails to connect to the CPU. At the same time, on the PLC Backup tool, I cannot locate the CJ2M on the PLC list. Could someone please explain whether I need a different software or a patch or am I doing something wrong altogether.

Kind regards,

Version 9.0 is rather old, possibly before the CPU33 was released? The current CXP version is 9.5.
Also check the IP address settings in Unit Setup to make sure it is within the range your PC can access and that the CPU unit# and node # are correct.
You may have to connect to it with a USB cable and reset the PLC IP address before you can access the Ethernet connection.

You need to update your software if the processor is not in the list - it is old.

CJ2M processors were not supported until version 9.1.

Use the CX-One Auto Update tool to update your software.

You will need to register your software before the Auto Update tool will work.

Thank you very much for your guidance gentlemen. I have just started updating my software package.

Kind regards