Controllogix PID controller stopped working properly

dawee

The PID controller has been working for a couple of years.
It's a backup controller that doesn't see much action.
The plant tried to use it last week and it is not functioning properly.
The PV reads correctly and the SP reads correctly. The PLC is connected directly to two HMIs so when the PV varies and the SP is changed both HMIs see the changes. The output of the controller can be changed in Manual mode. However, when the controller is switched to AUTO the output goes to zero whether the SP is above the PV or below the PV.
Has anyone every had this experience or have any insight as to where to look?

Similar Topics

Morning all, Could anyone shed some light on whats happening with my PID Loop? On our plant we have a 'fast ramp' on the PID Instruction done...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a PID that I am using for an oxygen valve that regulates the pressure. Often when the header pressure is too low, the output will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a pump that has operational limits 15-100% Speed (9-60Hz). 1. On the PID instruction would you limit (.MINO=15% and...
Replies
Views
Why is my PID .PV (Process Variable) getting continually overwritten with some strange value every time the rung my PID Instruction is on goes...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have a PID which I limit at MINO = 25% and MAXO = 100%. When the PID runs for the first time it takes time to start reacting at 25+%...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom