Simatic PC ADapter USB error

pacak

Hi there!

I use a Simatic PC Adapter 6ES7 972-0CB20-0XA0 with TIA Portal V11 SP2 but cannot connect to an S7-314C 2 DP.
It worked a week ago. Now I get this error message:

"A connection between your PC/programming device and the PLC cannot be established."
140:17090

All the LEDs are ON (MPI, Power, USB).
In the Windows Device Manager it sais that the device is working properly. I have uninstalled the driver from there and after plugging in the USB, the usuall things happened: New hardware found, it is working properly etc. (Win XP Pro SP2).
I have tried the adapter with another S7 300 CPU. Same thing happens with same error message.
I have tried to install the PC Adapter Driver V2.0, but the installer sais that I have V8.2.

I have tried to connect also without a project, just using "Update accessible devices". Same error message.
If I set the Adapter properties to "Automatic protocol detection", I get the following message:

"The bus parameters could not be calculated automatically (online). There are no stations on the bus sending bus parameter frames. Set the MPI/Profibus parameters manually."

I also tried different baud rates without any success.

Any suggestions?

BR
Attila

Are you connecting to X1 with the adapter set to MPI, station 0, baudrate 187.5k ?
Or are you connecting to X2 ? If so, is the CPU already configured and the port enabled for Profibus ? You cannot do the initial download via X2, only via X1.

Did you try with another PLC ?

Did you try with another PC, but same adapter and PLC ?

Hi Jesper!

Thanks for the idea!

I have checked the adapter with abother PLC before, but not with another PC.

I just did it using Step 7 V5.4 and the adapter works with the other PC.

That means that I have a problem with my TIA Portal. The thing is that I have reinstalled the TIA Portal yesterday, in order to solve this problem.

So what should I do now?

Do you know how could I reinstall only that PC Adapter driver V8.2?

BR
Attila