FactoryTalk Alarm Scrolling

cmac2425

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am using FT 7.0 to show alarms on a main display screen (in addition to the alarm banner on the bottom). What I have done is sent my inputs (alarm bits) to an alarm word. For example if I have the first two bits on then I have a 3 in my alarm word and I know that the first two alarms are high. I am trying to figure out a way to parse the alarm word and show multiple alarms on my FT screen scrolling every second. I have shown my progress thus far but it just doesn't work out correctly.

My final result will be to have to have a scrolling number that I can compare to an array of ASCII alarms. Anyone have any thoughts for me? Thanks in advance!

Untitled.jpg

Alarm Scrolling Discovered

I have discovered how to fix my problem and I have exported the rungs and attached them. It was a pain staking process but it works perfectly. As long as you put your ASCII text in what I call BOX_FOAM_ALARM_TEXT[array], then whatever your pointer comes out to be, it will display the text listed in that element. Any questions I will be glad to elaborate. Thanks!:site:

example1.jpg example2.jpg