simplicity with GeFanuc + RSView32 & 1784-PKTX ?

ckchew666

Hi,

We came across a customer using SImplicity with Ge Fanuc PLC. We are proposing RSView32 & 1784-PKTX.

1) Does anyone know what is the correct drivers for these configuration? Probably we need DDE (RSLinx OEM)?

2) Anyone knows where to get the user manual for Simplicity, need to learn how/what to set in the simplicity.

Thanks.

andydaoust said:
I can't help except that it is spelled Cimplicity. That might help in searching.

Opsss..probably I might get it wrong as I never deal with that 'cimplicity' before. FYI, we are the distributor for AB & RSI in Malaysia, so chances to get a hand on other software is rare. If projs then may play around with all other brands :). Thx....any idea so..?

Are you offereing RSView32 as an alternative to Cimplicity for a customer who has GE Fanuc PLCs ?

If so, you can offer RSView32 with an OPC server for one of the network types that GE Fanuc supports. You will need some networking hardware that matches the network type, and that will NOT be a PKTX.
(I dont think GE Fanuc supports DH+ or DH485 :))

Your question seems to indicate that you are not so familiar with OPC. So you should check up on this technology a bit before bidding.

JesperMP said:
Are you offereing RSView32 as an alternative to Cimplicity for a customer who has GE Fanuc PLCs ?

If so, you can offer RSView32 with an OPC server for one of the network types that GE Fanuc supports. You will need some networking hardware that matches the network type, and that will NOT be a PKTX.
(I dont think GE Fanuc supports DH+ or DH485 :))

Your question seems to indicate that you are not so familiar with OPC. So you should check up on this technology a bit before bidding.

I'm very sorry for the confusing question, the real situation is that; our customer has a GeFanuc plc (ENET) and cimplicity installed at site. They also have AB PLC5 (enhanced) running at site which is standalone (no networking). Their requirement is to monitor the status/control the AB PLC5 using the installed Cimplicity.

I've downloaded some manuals for Cimplicity, based on the manuals, if we are communicating Cimplicity with AB PLC5 in DH+ network we do not need a RSLinx installed at all. The Cimplicity comes with "ABKT Driver for Windows Setup" is sufficient.

If I'm correct thus, the Cimplicity will be runnign ENET communicating with the existing GeFanuc and another DH+ driver communicating with AB PLC5?

Any gurus out there, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks...:)

The Cimplicity software can communicate with multiple PLCs using different communications drivers, so your plan is workable.

You need to make sure that your customer's existing Cimplicity system is a development license and not a runtime-only license. If it's runtime-only, you won't be able to make any modifications to it. You also need to check the point count to make sure you can add the additional tags to the system.

In Cimplicity only 'device tags' count against the point limit. That means that for a 50-point license, if you read one analog channel from the PLC and derive ten additional points within the Cimplicity application based on that analog channel, you still have 49 points available.

Steve Bailey said:
The Cimplicity software can communicate with multiple PLCs using different communications drivers, so your plan is workable.

You need to make sure that your customer's existing Cimplicity system is a development license and not a runtime-only license. If it's runtime-only, you won't be able to make any modifications to it. You also need to check the point count to make sure you can add the additional tags to the system.

In Cimplicity only 'device tags' count against the point limit. That means that for a 50-point license, if you read one analog channel from the PLC and derive ten additional points within the Cimplicity application based on that analog channel, you still have 49 points available.

Steve,

Thx for ur reply, so this means we still need to use RSLinx OEM + 1784-PKTX or we just need 1784-PKTX to work with Cimplicity?

Please advise.

Thanks.