GSV in 5000

Can someone help me with a GSV command please? I am trying to use it for a clock. My class name is WallClockTime. I have no instance name. Attribute Name is DateTime, My Dest is DINT7, a DINT with a length of 7. I am getting an error that says my DEST is missing reference to array element. I am also wanting to know if I can use an EQU with Source A being DateTime[1] and will that reference the month? I would then set Source B equal to 11 for November. I am just trying to grasp this GSV/SSV command. Please help!

I am getting an error that says my DEST is missing reference to array element.

Reference the destination as DateTime[0] - the first element.

I am also wanting to know if I can use an EQU with Source A being DateTime[1] and will that reference the month? I would then set Source B equal to 11 for November.

Yes

I just found what the class names are. I am not sure how you know the length needed for each one. How long is the DINT for MajorFaultBits for example?

The 'DINT of length 7' is an array of 7 DINTS in a row with indexes 0 - 6. You were referencing the second one - DateTime[1] - when you wanted to look at the month.

The DINT for MajorFaultBits is a single DINT. The individual bit positions - MajorFaultBits.0 through MajorFaultBits.31 - can be referenced. Only those shown in the help file have particular meaning.

Last edited:
The literature does say it is a single DINT for that. I will look through it some more. I have Studio 5000 and am unable to get the Emulator to work. Do you have any suggestions for that?