Control Systems

Claire

C
Could anyone fly some ideas for control systems used by plc's
I need something a bit more complicated than a pond leveller
Thanks

Claire,

Here is a link to our web site that offers a few application articles that our controllers are used on.

http://www.entertron.com/application.htm

There are many other applications that a PLC can be used on.

Pump control
Equipment Control
Elevators
Dock Levelers and Vehicle restraints
Power Generation and Monitoring
Environmental Chambers
Mobile Equipment if they the PLC is cabable of 12 VDC power

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

Claire,

I just did a novel control program for a guy I met here at PLCS.net. He works for a company that makes those automatic flush valves that you see in airport and other restrooms. If you search the old files, I am sure you can find the thread. He needed a PLC program to test 8 flusher triggers at a time. Apparently he uses actual commodes, because he wanted a 5 minute delay between flushes to give the tanks time to refill....

I kid you not, this is an actual PLC application, and I wrote the program, and he is using it now. In fact he came back and wanted to add a graphical interface to the program, which I did. If you want a copy, I could post it if there is any need. It runs on an Automation Direct DL-06 PLC, best I remember.

FIVE minutes between flushes? They need a bigger supply pipe!... :D

Or maybe that 5 minute value got stuck in your head from the church heating project?... ;)

beerchug

-Eric

Eric,
Why the sour grapes? It was indeed 5 minutes. I don't know why, but that was the specification. What have I said that has made you so negative? I am truly sorry if I have offended you in any way.

No sour grapes here...

Lancie1 said:
Eric,
Why the sour grapes? It was indeed 5 minutes. I don't know why, but that was the specification. What have I said that has made you so negative? I am truly sorry if I have offended you in any way.

You did not offend me in the least, Lancie. I didn't intend my response to be negative. I was simply making light of the fact that 5 minutes sounded like an awfully long time for a tank to recover. Especially if these valves are designed for use in a high-traffic area like an airport.

beerchug

-Eric

Eric,
You are correct, 5 minutes is a long time for a tank recovery. I wondered about that, because most of those automatic flushers that I have seen are used on the "tankless" type of commode or urinal, where the pressure and volume are large enough to not need a tank. So maybe this could be a new, not-on-the-market-yet automatic flusher for home use, so it has to work with the smallest possible water flow rate? Maybe still in the testing phase? You saw it here first, guys!