cjim nc113 position control card

ateall217

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to write a program using the latest CX programmer. I have the servo moving fine in the cw direction but in order to move it in the ccw direction im assuming I need to send a negative move to D20040 but MOVL will not let me use a negative # I'm trying to move &-262144.

Thank,

Welcome to the forum.

There may be multiple issues.

Have you reviewed the manual (W397) for the NC113?
The NC modules can be set up for relative or absolute moves.
Position data to the module must be in hexadecimal format.

The input type on the servo must also match how the NC113 is outputting the pulse train, CW / CCW or Pulse and Direction.

Hope this will help.

The servo is using Forward/reverse rotation pulse train positive So I would need to select pulse/direction output on the positioning card? I have reviewed the manual but wanted to know how to make a move in the opposite direction if I wanted to use a relative move. The manual is kind of confusing but from what I gathered it had to be in hexadecimal but movl would not let me enter -262144 in hexadecimal. it will let me move -262144. Does that mean -262144 coverts or I do not need to convert to hexadecimal when moving a - number.?

The module output must be set for CW/CCW.

Do not confuse yourself, forget about hexadecimals.
Use signed decimal values in the program, and do monitor in signed decimals.
No need to convert anything,- the internal format is binary anyways.