materials?

b-reel86

hi, ive just signed up to this site and am wondering if i could possibly get sum help with information?? i am doin a project about PLC's at college, the deadline is tomorrow and still have NO information about the materials used to make PLC's and why because i just havent managed to find anything.

ANY help you can give me would be very VERY much appreciated!!

thankyou!

Steve,

Don't forget about the binary programming of the OS for the CPU used in the PLC, he should be able to design and program a CPU by tomorrow if he's building an entire PLC (though probably without analog I/O.)

C'mon guys, he asked for SUM help. Therefore, it might help to define SUM first:

SUM: Adds all the numbers in a range of cells.

Syntax

• SUM(number1,number2, ...)

Number1, number2, ... are 1 to 30 arguments for which you want the total value or sum.

· Numbers, logical values, and text representations of numbers that you type directly into the list of arguments are counted. See the first and second examples following.
    · If an argument is an array or reference, only numbers in that array or reference are counted. Empty cells, logical values, text, or error values in the array or reference are ignored. See the third example following.
    · Arguments that are error values or text that cannot be translated into numbers cause errors.
Examples

• SUM(3, 2) equals 5

SUM("3", 2, TRUE) equals 6 because the text values are translated into numbers, and the logical value TRUE is translated into the number 1.

Unlike the previous example, if A1 contains "3" and B1 contains TRUE, then:

SUM(A1, B1, 2) equals 2 because references to nonnumeric values in references are not translated.

If cells A2:E2 contain 5, 15, 30, 40, and 50:

SUM(A2:C2) equals 50

SUM(B2:E2, 15) equals 150
beerchug

-Eric

why would it be a trick question?? u r all very very funny, i just really needed some help because i am doing a project for my final year at college for APPLICATION OF NEW TECHNOLOGY.....and i chose to research PLC's, but have had some trouble finding any helpful information about the materials used to make them and how the have been developed over the last say, 10 years!

but obviously asking you lot was pointless as you are just a group of useless, lifeless jokers.

Wow, Can't see the answer under you nose

The answer was given to you in your first reply. As to what they are made off. A PLC is basical an industrial computer. What more do you need, or should I write the report for you?

oh yeah, really useful.....its made from plastics and stuff is basically all was said in the first reply!!!!if it was that simple that i wouldn't have to ask would i!! but obviously none of you actually have a damn clue as to what you are talking about or are just complete geeks (which is how it seems at this point) and think oh my god he doesnt know everything about them hes an idiot, dont help him.....

OK Calm Down

If you can't be calm you make it far in industry. Now you are not going going to find exacly what a plc is made of. This is propitary information between vendors. It is difficult to do a term paper on PLC's for this reason. Your best bet is to go to the library or go on line and look at Industrial magazenes. It is as good as it is going to get.

PS.. Being insulting will get you no where in life. Just relax and reword your question if that one is not to your liking.

It looks to me like you did get the answer to your question the first time.

Do you know what a PLC is?

I suppose if you knew, you wouldn't have had to ask your question in the first place.

The rason it seems like a trick question is because the materials of construction for a PLC are a matter of virtually no importance. So long as the chassis is sufficiently stiff to keep the components in place, and the circuit boards don't creep, and the whole shebang doesn't melt, the materials don't really matter. I have been applying PLCs for around 20 years and I have yet to need to know the answer to your question.

Originally posted by b-reel86 on 28th April 2004

the deadline is tomorrow and still have NO information about the materials used to make PLC's and why because i just havent managed to find anything.

As you have replied to this post today (4th May 2004) I take it that you made the deadline?

Maybe Steve's answer helped you after all :confused:

Paul

OK b-reel86, instead of my original answer, is this response more to your liking?

A literal answer to your question would be a list of 'stuff' used in the manufacture of PLC components. Things like steel, copper, assorted plastics, and so on. That's probably not the answer you're looking for, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what you really want to know.

If you would be so kind as to rephrase your question, we'll try to answer it. The quality of the answers will be in direct proportion to the quality of the question, or as we used to say about all computers, GIGO.

Last edited: