softlogix 5800

duckman

Hi team,would someone know why l cant see analog cards in the drop down menu, only the soft CPU, ethernet and input/out cards only. It is the 1789-L60/A SoftLogix5860 (16 Slot Chassis) so should have all cards l believe.

Regards
Duckman

All I/O modules except for SERCOS motion cards must be networked to SoftLogix. There are no PCI or USB platform I/O that could be connected directly to a PC.

Hi Ken, thanks for the reply. It is these cards that the manual says should be in the drop down menu that l'm unable to find, or are they an extra download from the axis card manufacturer. I know what you should most probable say is RTFM.
Read the F@#%en manual. Which l have gleaned over.
I take it when testing just some analog code with the simulator we are using words via the dig inputs back to the program and vicky versa to test from plc to soft ?.
This is a great site for knowledge expansion, keep up the great work to you and the other Gurus.
Regards Duckman

Hello Experts..got a softlogix V19.00 running on a dedicated PC with a 1784PCIDS running devicenet sucessfully. also have Hilscher CIF50-DNM on same motherboard. any way in the world that i can access the Hilscher card I/O or Memory via softlogix??