Honeywell DC2500

Terrep

I have configured the IN1 TYPE to 4-20mA but I cannot change the IN1 HIGH or the IN1 LOW (the display flashes). SECURITY=0 and the LOCKOUT=NONE. I have also tried resetting to the factory default. I have spoken to the supplier from the US, but they could offer any assistance.

The parameter following IN1TYP is XMTR1 (it might spell slightly different, allowing for a typo) which
'characterizes' the input to a non-linear source.

Presumably you have a linear source (the linear output of a transmitter).

So the parameter XMTR1 must be set to LIN (linear) in order for IN 1 HI or IN 1 LO to be configured.

If I recall correctly XMTR1 defaults to Type B thermocouple. No, I don't know why.

Thanks danw, that is working now.
I have one more question. When I reconfigured the input, the output relay is not working correcting.
I would like the Relay Output 1 to turn on when the process temperature is above the setpoint temperature.
regards
Darren

I would like the Relay Output 1 to turn on when the process temperature is above the setpoint temperature,
Are you sure that's what you want? Turning on the output above setpoint is typical of cooling, not heating.

Check the parameter "ACTION" in the "Control" group.

Cooling action is 'direct', DIR
Heating action is 'reverse', REV

Default is reverse action for heating, so changing the action to direct should do what you're looking for.

We are using the output to control a interface relay.
When I scroll through the menu I don't have the CONTRL option.

What's the whole model number ?

I suspect that you have a 'high limit' controller that trips out and latches when the setpoint is exceeded.

Limit controllers do not have a control group.

Do you see a "Limit" group?

Last edited:
The letter L in the model number tells you that what you have is a Limit controller, which will latch the main control output on an PV excursion through the setpoint, requiring a push of the reset key to unlatch the output.

You can change the relay action, the opening/closing of the output relay, with the parameter LOorHI in the Limit Group.

The LO setting keeps the relay closed above SP, latches open below setpoint.

That model has alarm relays that automatically reset according to the hysteresis setting, if the main control output latching won't work for you.