Wonderware slow startup with Windows 7 Pro

Hi Guys,

We are currently experiencing slow startup of Intouch 10.1.2 Windowmaker/Windowviewer. We are running with Windows 7 Professional SP 1.
It took about 4-5mins before the logo appears after choosing an application in application manager and then; another 5-8 mins for the Windowmaker / Windowviewer to initialize.

Do we have to check some settings within Windows?

Thanks and Regards,

Fher Vryle Sestoso

factors to consider

pc speed, memory, hard drive size.
what else is trying to load and run? virus software running will kill performance.
there are several viruses that do nothing but run and eat up cpu speed. you might have one of those.

regards,
james

I would also look at all Windows application logs, if you have anti-virus ensure the wonderware anti-virus exclusions are done. You can also find a checklist on the WDN website to check your system setup.

Good luck

What type of application is it?

Stand-alone? NAD?

I've found that if I have network problems and the application cannot connect to the server for the project (if NAD) or if it can't connect to the DAServer (assuming that software is on another piece of hardware), the system will hang and take a long time to load. Once it does, I see I have comm errors.

Maybe network related.