Wireless connection to several PLC

asteroide

Hello friends

I have read some posts about this, but I am not sure what to use.đź“š

I have the next network:

jcp6.jpg

All devices have the same ip address range.

The PC is which has the software to monitor the 3 process, but I need to move to every building. To use a cable is not possible, then I need to connect wireless the 3 buildings.

What do I need to connect them? Do I need a router o access point or what else? Software?

Right now the switches are wired, do I need to change to another type?

The next step is connect to internet, (the internet access is in the building 2) in order to remotely could monitor these process.

Thanks a lot:D

asteroide,

you will need wireless access points.
you will also need to have administrator rights vs general access.

things to consider
1. building construction - it matters if you will access the plc's from inside the building via wireless.
2. distance the buildings are apart
3. is building 2 between building 1 and 3?
4. indoor vs outdoor access points and antennas
5. type of security/ Wep has been broken, suggest wpa,wpa2 or other.

just set our wireless network here.
various brands are Cisco, Intermec, engenius, and others

regards,
james

On this page from our web site is a diagram that may give you some additional understanding of what you will require for connection of controls wirelessly.

http://www.eternity-sales.com/WirefreeCNC/WirefreeCNC.htm

We have the hardware for both the access point and individual serial to wireless points.

This solution has been done many times in the CNC machine world. There is no reason why it can't be done with PLCs.

If you have any questions, feel free to post, pm or email.