RSLogix 5000 add-On Instruction

mehrdad

is it possible to have more than 1 Logic (Section) in an Add-On Instruction (function block)?

in other PLC programming softwares such as Unity (Schneider) function block can have more than 1 section (Logic) and each section can be in a different language (e.g. 1 section in structured text, 1 in FBD,...)

is this also somehow possible in RSLogix 5000?

Thanks

No, it is not possible.

An Add-On instruction can only have 1 logic routine, and that can be created as any of the available languages except Sequential Function Chart (availability is down to license level).

3 other routines are possible, PreScan, PostScan, and EnableIn_False, and that's your lot! No "subroutines" are allowed.

i would also pay careful attention on how to use the EnableIn_False, depending on your application you want to know what the AOI will do in the event that it is not executed

is it possible to have more than 1 Logic (Section) in an Add-On Instruction (function block)?

in other PLC programming softwares such as Unity (Schneider) function block can have more than 1 section (Logic) and each section can be in a different language (e.g. 1 section in structured text, 1 in FBD,...)

is this also somehow possible in RSLogix 5000?

Thanks

As said above you cannot have mutiple logix routines in an AOI but you can get around this a little by nesting AOI´s. First create your "routine" AOI´s and then create Another AOI which acts like the "main program" and calls each of the "routine" AOI´s. I believe you can nest up to 7 layers deep, but I've never gone more than 2.

As said above, its very important to pay attention to the EnableIN_False routine. It can be very important.

I hope this helps.