Programming for Mutual exclusive events

dabanani

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to program for mutual exclusive events. I put together a program and I need your advice in implementing this scenario.
I attached copy of the program I created in RSLogix 5000. I used a timer to create a delay between switching from one event to another. I am keeping in mind that having the two events occur at the same time may be a potential danger.

I am controlling the event by turning off the scan to a subroutine, this is the part am not sure if disabling the scan will totally stop the event. Your advice is crucial here.

For this example I put one rung in the subroutines, the actual program will be having analog I/O control programs controlling 0-10V and 4-20mA devices.

Any help or advice is highly appreciated

Thanks

I guess you forgot to attach the program

I can take a look at it for you tomorrow, but im sure its a matter of time before someone here can help

EDIT** seems like you posted your zip file after i posted my post.

Without looking at the code i can tell you this, it would not be wise to disable one event from turning on when another even is on by disabling the routine, i would write logic to interlock one even from executing when the other is on

Last edited:
sorry i've been overloaded with work, if i have time over the weekend i'll try to look at it

If you don't call a subroutine any outputs controlled by rungs within it stay in the state set in the last scan. It DOES NOT turn them off. Be sure you realise this.

How do i properly disable analog input and outputs in a subroutine? I am trying to program two analog outputs that are to be mutually exclusive.

Thanks

why do you need to disable the Analogues. simply examine the different results.
I dont have rs5000 at the moment

I am trying to control two devices with one source. the source is powered by either analog output*1 or output*2. in order to switch from output*1 to output*2, I am trying to turn off output*1 completely before turning on output*2.

Thnaks any help will be great.

you will need a few switching states not just two.
State 1 = OP1 and OP2 @ zero (initial start or similar)
state 2 = OP1 controlled
State 3 = OP1 to zero
State 4 = OP2 controlled
State 5 = OP2 to Zero
State 6 = go to state 2

That might help you
I am assuming that turning Off means 0v or 4mA

Thanks,
if you dont mind i ask, how is the switching states implemented? will SQL function work?

Last edited:
move an integer to a register
compare value
move next value to the same register

MOV
EQU
LES
GEQ
LEQ

that is a guide