siemens s71200

dilliganesh

hi friends i am new to siemens program i need to create plc logic to convert 4-20mA to 0 to 120 ppm value
i don't know how to start the software i am using siemens wincc TIA portal v11
please refer me some manuals for this software and give guide lines to do this plc logic

s7 1200 is pretty simple PLC. for start add device then choose one plc if you don't know exact. under program block start with OB1
if your backgrund is as electrician i'd suggest concentrating to ladder programming 1st
if, on the other side, is in computer programming then i'd suggest STL or SCL, with later one if a newer plc is available, and using functions and function block similar to object oriented programming with attention to process image and how it affects inputs/outputs
if neither of that then start from beginning of the help manual.