UTC to local time wonderware intouch

RobinH

Dear all,

Im receiving UTC time from a register in the PLC.
Does anyone know if it is possible to convert this time to local time by scripting in intouch?

Best regards

It should be easy enough to strip the data and reformat it and adjust the time zone offset via scripting, but what do you intend to do with the information afterward?

If I'm not mistaken, InTouch synchronizes it's clock with the OS clock upon startup. Do you simply want to display the PLC time within a screen object? It may be easier to format the time for HMI display within the PLC logic if that is your goal.

Hi Bit_bucket.

Thank you for answering. I want to display the local time on a page in intouch. I have a register for the UTC time and i also how a register for the local time zone hour and local time zone minute. And i have a own register for month, day and year. The problem is actually how to change the day, month and year depending on time zone hour and minute. Has anyone done this?

Best regards

Actually, if possible i would like to update the computers time so that alarms always will show local time. Then i will need to update the PC clock, but i have seen that there is some limitation with the intouch license. If i set the date to much back the intouch license will be corrupted. Do you know any thing about this?

Best regards