Deleting program from PV550 terminal

James Mcquade

Hi all,

we have just had a pv 550 terminal repaired and i downloaded a program to test the touchscreen and keypad.

is there a way to delete the program from the terminal?

our facility has 20+ different programs and i want to delete the program.

Model # 2711-B5A8 SER H FRN 4.48

thanks in advance,
james

you have to press left arrow and right arrow at the same time when powering up and you go to terminal menu, then you can delete your files.

HMMM?? I did not know that, can you show a screen shot of that?

To the OP, why does it matter what program is in a unit not in use? Just download the correct program when you decide to use it. Or download (dummy) a blank program.

The PanelView Standard terminals cannot contain more than one application; pressing the Left and Right arrow keys will perform a terminal "Reset" just as a power cycle will do, taking the user to the Configuration Mode.
There are no "Application Delete" user choices but a "Restore from Card" command which will copy an application from a present Memory Card to the terminal's memory, overwriting the existing application.
As Mickey suggested, just download (copy from Memory Card) a "dummy" and the existing (test) application will be overwritten.

widelto,

this gets you the terminal menu, but htere is np program delete option that i could find.

Mickey,

usually it would not matter.
in our plant we have several terminals preprogramed while the majority is not. i just happened to have a the plc program loaded for a terminal we just put in, so i loaded that pv app.

i did some more digging and found out that while powering up and the diagonistics got to 32, you hit the lower left and upper right pushbutton keys at the same time to return the terminal to the default state.

thanks for your help.
james

i did some more digging and found out that while powering up and the diagonistics got to 32, you hit the lower left and upper right pushbutton keys at the same time to return the terminal to the default state.

Is that documented? If so, where?