Auto configure

nfvtmeinc

when trying to autoconfigure a RIO 600 panelview in a PLC5/40B/C it says it is unsuccessful because there is no I/O status file when N9 is in fact the I/O staus file:D

Last edited:
Maybe because the PLC5 Channel 1B RIO Scanner "Auto-Configure" feature (which I have personally never used, especially on an existing RIO network!) does not apply to HMI applications which are not I/O "Racks" connections requiring the said "I/O Status".
Is it a PanelView Standard or PanelView Plus?
Usually the RIO comms settings are entered within the HMI's Configuration Mode, Communications Setup interface and consist of:
-Rack Number
-Rack Size
-Starting Group
-Pass-through Enable/Disable (for PLC5 and SLC controllers)
-Last Chassis
-Baud Rate
The communications settings are also included within the PB32 application files running on PanelView Standars terminals.

it is a standard 600 panelview color keypad remote I/O and all of the settings in the panelview are set correctly

Hi
It's been while but have you setup any rack size in your panel view.
I would have set it it as full rack first hovered it working and then reduce the size if i needed to.

Donnchadh

Hi

Would the panel view not show up in the I/o first and then you setup a btw and a btr to access more words.

Sorry like I said it has been a while ago that I setup a panel view to a to a plc 5.

Donnchadh

Yes the Panelview is setup as a full rack with block transfers it only does that in 57.6 baud rate at 115.2 it will auto configure but it is not steady it will blip communication loss and then return

Last edited:
Is there anything else on the RIO link besides the PV?
I have seen that error message when trying to auto configure with no remote rack present.
Perhaps a cabling issue?

No only the panel view on that channel 1B another channel is setup as a scanner to a PLC5/40E channel

Thank you everyone. Ran a blue tube accross the floor and the PLC accepted the panelview. Will be curios to examine the old cable when it is pulled out.