Modbus TCPIP

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm looking for a cheap way to read modbus TCPIP data into a PLC and fire some outputs (8-10). We bult a unit using a old SLC 500 and a prosoft card and it works great, they are not thrilled with the cost. I would like to keep in on a AB or Siemens platform. Any sugggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Not as cheap as the 830 but the ML1400 Ser B supports Modbus TCP/IP Client/Server. Still far cheaper than an SLC and Prosoft card though!

Rob

the 830 firmware upgrade to V4 uses CIP
so you could be able to talk directly via tag addresses etc.
before this you needed Modbus to talk to a component HMI.

Go with the Siemens S71200, one of the small ones are under $300
They have a starter kit with Plc,software and cable for cheap