Versapro: Importing From Logicmaster

aracioppi

Does anyone know if the importing ladder from Logicmaster tool works OK? Has anyone find any bug in that importing??

Thanks in advance

No, I haven´t experienced problems, but I have to import a big program, and I wanted to know if the import process acts OK
Have you heard of anyone having trouble with that process??
Thanks

logicmaster to versapro

I've used this function a lot.So far no problems. Even managed to keep all the text in hebrew. :)

VersaPro Imports

So long as you have the latest version (2.04) you will not have any problems importing. At least most of the import problems were fixd by version 2.0.
You may still need to adjust some data types.

VersaPro Imports

No trouble, just differences in some defaults for function blocks. Usually these are Array types that LM90 did not use. They will not keep the program from running but generate a lot of 'Warnings' when compiling.
By the way, you probably already know this but make sure that you do a 'Check All' often this will catch those errors and warnings before they get out of hand.
As I tell everyone who uses VP, I recommend updating to Cimplicity ME.
Once you get used to it, it is MUCH nicer and more stable.

you mean to the Logic Developer PLC tool??
Does it have importing tools from LogicMaster?
I ask you that because we have a lot of code in Logic Master

Thanks

VersaPro Update

That is right. Cimplicity ME LD PLC will do anything that VersaPro can do plus more. (Except run more than one instance of the program at once, it uses the 'Toolchest' to share data with other projects.) My favorite part is the 'Reference' window that keeps a full cross-reference of any contact, coil, or register address that is under the cursor. I can click on any referenced location in that window and be 'beamed' to that location in logic or variable table. This really speeds up troubleshooting of large programs with lots of Blocks (Subroutines). Contact your distributor and get a demo CD it will run for 4 days, here in the states you can also call Registration and get a 30 trial activation (for this you need to give them a lot of data about you and your company). Ask your distributor about this or just call and ask. There is a learning curve to get used to the new GUI but I think that it is worth it.
Have some fun with it!

And if I'm not mistaken, VersaPro is being discontinued. Feel free to set me straight, I heard it secondhand.

And once you go VP there is no going back to LM90. LM90 will no longer work on that PLC. This will be a problem only if some of the PC's that you plan on connecting to the 90 either don't have or are incapable of supporting VersaPro.

No experience at all with Cimplicity ME.

John