Need Help Connecting to Mitsubishi E1101

achughes

I am relatively new to PLCs and HMIs. I have a machine with a E1101 Touch Screen and I can not figure out how to connect to it. I have tried using Mitsubishi GT Works3 and had no success. I then did some searching and found that I had to use Mitsubishi E-designer which I have. The problem is not sure which port to use. I tried a USB A to B without success. I also tried a RS-232 but not sure how to open communication. It also has a Mitsubishi Q series PLC.

Hi.I using that HMI e1101 in past.To programing i use ethernet port an software E-designer, to connect with mitsubishi plc we use one side mini din8-positions male, another side 25-positions D-sub male.
Also you czn connect your pc by rs232port.

Last edited:
Hi,

You could simply power up the HMI and note what IP address has been assigned to it. The IP address is shown for a few seconds when the HMI powers up (it comes with a default address of 192.168.1.1). Then change the IP of your computer to be on the same subnet and provided the HMI has not been password protected you can suck the project out of the HMI using E-Designer (I don't think you actually need a crossover cable as I'm pretty sure the port is Auto-MDIX and automatically detects the cable type).

Regards