TD 200 parameter block

ranz

Hi,
I'm a beginner with plc's and i want to know how to add messages in
our td 200. I've read the manual but i didn't find how..
Can any one please tell me how can I view and edit the parameter block and messages in td 200 of our existing machines.

try any of the following;

1) TD-200 wizard in Microwin.

2) Try downloading the "tips & tricks for S7-200 PLC" from www.siemens.com

This download has dozens of examples (and codes!), covering almost every topic, I think it also has one for the TD-200

best of luck

Hi,
Its been a while but basically all the message texts are located in a data block within your project, When you start the td200 wizard you define how many messages you want and the areas of memory you want to use to store the data. So first search through your project, find the original messages and if the allocation is there add your own with new message+enable bits. you should be able to copy the programming from your existing project and add new bits for your code. Look For "V" memory bits,bytes,words as this is the usual way of addressing

Hope this helps
Steve

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your help.
I already have the manual for TD200 downloaded from a siemens site.
My question is, "Can I view the actual messages stored in our TD200
using Microwin or the TD200 wizard. I try to open the td200 wizard
in my uploaded program of S7200, but it prompts for new messages and
addresses and I can't view the messages stored.
Do I need to be online with the plc?

Thanks,
Ranz

Hi Ranz,
The TD wizard is for creating a new project only, You cannot run it again to edit an existing project like you can with protool.

To view your message data then you need to look in the datablock where the messages are held and find the message enable tag then cross reference your program and find its location

//DATA BLOCK COMMENTS
//
//Press F1 for help and example data block
//
//BEGIN TD200_BLOCK ----------------------------
VB0 'TD'
VB2 16#10 //Set Language to English, set Update to as fast as possible
VB3 16#F0 //Set the display to 20 character mode; Up key V3.2; Down key V3.3;
VB4 10 //Set the number of messages
VB5 0 //Set the Function Keys notification bits to M0.0 - M0.7
VW6 34 //Set the starting address for messages to VW34
VW8 14 //Set the starting address for message enable bits to VW14
VW10 0 //Global Password (if enabled)
VW12 2 //Character Set = Latin 1 (Bold)
//MESSAGE 1
//Message Enable Bit V14.7
VB34 ' Emergency stop '
//MESSAGE 2
//Message Enable Bit V14.6
VB54 ' Automatic running '
//MESSAGE 3
//Message Enable Bit V14.5
VB74 ' Manual mode '
//MESSAGE 4
//Message Enable Bit V14.4
VB94 'write message text here '
//END TD200_BLOCK ------------------------------

So to view message 1 you have VB34 which is the memory store for the text and V14.7 which enables the message to be displayed on the TD

I'd make a status chart and go online and see what you get

Hope this helps

Steve

You can edit to add new messages in TD200 wizar, the numbers of your message,..etc.. but in your S7 programm you must repair to display your messages for example : MOVB 16#80 to VB(addr) for 1st mess., 16#40 for 2nd, 16#20 for 3rd, 16#10 for 4th, 16#08 for 5th, 16#04.............